From the blog

Woman, 93 Dies After Being Served Dishwashing Liquid As Juice

A resident at an elderly care and memory care facility has died and two others hospitalised after being served dishwashing liquid in place of juice.

Three people living at the Atria Park Senior Living Facility in California were transported to the hospital after consuming the liquid on Saturday morning.

“Our sincerest condolences are with the family,” the facility said in a statement, adding that it was conducting its own internal investigation into the incident, and that the employees involved had been suspended. Atria did not share the name of the deceased resident.

However, local media quoting one Marcia Cutchin who claimed her mother, Gertrude Maxwell, a 93-year-old living with dementia has been a victim of the fatal feeding error.

Cutchin claimed she had been told by Atria that Maxwell had ingested an “alkaline cleaning solution that eats protein,” and that her mother had been taken to the hospital with “severe blistering.”