One day to the opening ceremony of the controversial games, the show director of Tokyo 2020 Olympics has been dismissed, he is the latest in a string of scandals and dismissals that has hit the games.
Footage of Kentaro Kobayashi from the 1990s recently emerged in which he appears to be making jokes about the Holocaust.
Japan’s Olympic chief Seiko Hashimoto said the video ridiculed “painful facts of history”.
Earlier in the week, it was Japanese musical maverick who composed the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics that pulled out of the opening ceremony after allegations of bullying disabled classmates recently resurfaced.
Keigo Oyamada, 52, also known as “Cornelius,” boasted to Japanese magazines in the 1990s about how he had tormented fellow students, that boasts came back to haunt him less than a week before the games are to kick off Friday.
In February, the president of the committee, Yoshiro Mori, was forced out after he said female sports officials talk too much during meetings.
A month after, the games’ creative director, Hiroshi Sasaki, was ousted for comparing Japanese celebrity Naomi Watanabe to a pig.
Organizers are going ahead with the games while Tokyo is in a state of emergency and in the face of disapproval and demonstrations by many Japanese who fear that the arriving athletes will worsen the Covid-19 crisis in the country.
Many athletes in the Olympic Village have tested positive for Covid-19 while a lot more have ruled themselves out altogether.
Japanese musical maverick who composed the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics has pulled out of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics Opening Ceremony after allegations of bullying disabled classmates recently resurfaced.