From the blog

SWEDEN: Fourth Day Of Riots Over Burning Of Quran By far-right Group

Clashes have erupted in Sweden after a far-right group decided to burn the Quran at rallies. Police have arrested more than 40 people while three people were injured by police bullets during protests in Sweden’s eastern city of Norrkoping following the burning of a copy of the Muslim holy book Quran by far-right extremists that sparked riots in several Swedish towns over the Easter weekend.

Local media reported last the burning of a copy of the Holy Quran in southern Linkoping the Danish leader of the far-right Stram Kurs party, Rasmus Paludan who also threatened to burn copies of the Quran during extremist rallies.

This provocation led to series of unrests in cities of Malmo, Norrkoping and Jonkoping as well as in the capital Stockholm, leaving 125 police vehicles damaged and 34 officers injured, while 13 people were detained.

In a statement, the Norrkoping police department claimed that officers fired in the air to stop the demonstrators from attacking the police. “Three people seem to have been hit by ricochets and are now being cared for in hospital. All three injured are arrested on suspicion of crime,” police said in

Iraq’s Foreign Ministry had summoned on Sunday Sweden’s charge d’affaires, Hakan Rooth, over the burning of the Quran. The ministry had warned that the burning “bears grave implications on Sweden’s relations with all Muslims.”

NIGERIA: Student Dies During Jesus Crucifixion Re-enactment

A university student has died during a re-enactment of Jesus Christ’s crucifixion on good Friday as audience reportedly thought it was part of the performance.

Suel Ambrose, 25, an undergraduate at Clariantian University of Nigeria in Nekede, fell down during the Passion of the Christ performance.

The tragedy happened on Good Friday and people watching the play first thought it was a “joke” and part of the performance, it was only when Ambrose began bleeding after falling that people realised it was not a joke and he was taken to hospital.

“At the time the incident occurred everybody came together and rushed the deceased to a school hospital and later, when the case became worse, he was taken to a nearly Federal Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

The university has yet to issue any more information about the tragedy.