Blog

You are here:Home BLOG Bill Cosby Lose Appeal To Overturn sexual Assault Conviction Rejected
Rate this item
(0 votes)

Bill Cosby Lose Appeal To Overturn sexual Assault Conviction Rejected

By Published December 11, 2019

Bill Cosby has lost his appeal to overturn his 2018 sexual-assault conviction has been rejected by a Pennsylvania court.

The eighty–two-year old comedian is currently serving a three- to 10-year prison sentence at SCI Phoenix for sexual assault of multiple women.

Cosby's lawyers in his appeal said the suburban Philadelphia judge had improperly allowed the five women to testify at last year's retrial although he'd let just one woman testify at the first trial in 2017.

Montgomery County judge Steven O’Neill said in a post-trial memo that the testimonies of the five additional women revealed “chilling similarities” that shows the disgraced comedian had a “signature” pattern of sexual assault. “Here, the (prior bad act) evidence established appellant’s unique sexual assault playbook,” the Superior Court stated, adding that “no two events will ever be identical.”

Cosby was the first celebrity to go on trial in the #MeToo era and can now ask the state Supreme Court to consider his appeal if he wishes.

Read 91 times