A Fox News spokesperson confirmed Saturday that his suspension is "pending the results of an investigation, which is currently underway."
Law firm Paul Weiss, which has investigated complaints lodged against other high-profile network employees, is conducting the investigation, the spokesperson said.
The suspension comes a day after media reported that Bolling sent unsolicited photo of male genitalia to at least two colleagues at Fox Business and one colleague at Fox News.
Bolling lawyer Michael Bowe, described the claims as “anonymous, uncorroborated, untrue and terribly unfair’’.
“We intend to fully cooperate with the investigation so that it can be concluded and Eric can return to work as quickly as possible.”
Bolling co-host nightly Fox News program "The Specialists," and is one of the most vocal defenders of President Donald Trump on the network. His contract was recently renewed, and in a statement in June, Fox News president of programming Suzanne Scott said Bolling's "insight is valued, and we are pleased to have him at the network for many more years to come."
Last month, Fox Business Network suspended another host Charles Payne following an allegation of "professional misconduct" by a female political analyst who claimed she was coerced into a sexual relationship under the threat of reprisals. He tweeted that it was an "ugly lie I vehemently deny to my core."